We’re hiring a Front-End Developer (full-time)
What’s our story?
We don’t always do what our clients want us to do.
We do what they need us to do.
The Tomorrow Lab is an award-winning, full-service digital agency. We make websites, design creative campaigns and build marketing strategies that make a meaningful difference to the things our clients care about.
We collaborate with ambitious brands and organisations to bring innovative, agile ideas to the table and then we bring those ideas to life. Our eclectic portfolio of clients includes: Electric Ireland, Expedia, Danone, Corona, [yellow tail] and Bombardier.
We’re a team of talented people who are really good at finding creative (sometimes unconventional!) solutions to our clients’ challenges.
Why we’re unique
We like our people to be freethinking, to get involved and to take responsibility for creating extraordinary work for clients. We work collaboratively, we encourage, we nurture and inspire each other. We’re not afraid to challenge each other either.
What’s the job?
Job Title: Front-End Developer (FULL-TIME)
Job Reference: TTL/FED/0119
Reporting to: Head of Development
Salary: (DEPENDENT ON EXPERIENCE)
Closing Date: 12 noon, Monday 18th February 2019
As Front-End Developer you’ll work alongside a growing team of creatives and developers to create engaging, interactive web presences for our clients.
You’ll also be the epitome of a team player, with an ability to collaborate with digital and development teams to deliver on our promises to clients.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Developing Sketch designs into functional Front-End builds
- Translating and interpreting designs into desktop, tablet and mobile experiences
Essential Criteria – You will need…
- Excellent CSS/SASS/HTML/JQuery Skills
- A knowledge of responsive front-end frameworks (Foundation preferably)
- Experience working in WordPress
- A working knowledge of Sketch
- A good all-round knowledge of UX
- Knowledge of Google Analytics and other website performance tools
- You are comfortable working in a fast-paced environment,
working across multiple projects collaboratively with designers
- Excellent attention to detail
Desirable Criteria – It would be great if you had…
- Some design experience
- A wider knowledge of UX Wire-framing and prototyping
- Ability to write reports based on data metrics as well as giving
clear UX insights into our clients’ websites performance
- PHP and WooCommerce experience
- You’ll understand SEO & PPC principles, and how they should be
considered at design stage
- A desire to learn new technologies such as React JS, Angular and Node
- 2+ years’ experience in Front-End Development
- A third level qualification
Why you should work here!
We work incredibly hard and take pride in everything we do. From a small brochure site, to a large-scale multi-channel campaign, we celebrate our successes and take the time to acknowledge our teammates for the part they’ve played.
Your hard work and commitment to helping us be the best agency we can be is rewarded with a relaxed and flexible working environment. We like to have fun support each other and ensure that you look forward to coming in to work every morning.
We’re proud to be home to a bunch of incredibly talented experts in their respective fields. From internal training, to departmental showcases, we provide opportunities to ensure you learn something new from your co-workers every day.
What we offer
Besides the agency clichés of a fridge full of beer and the occasional slice of pizza, we also offer the following practical perks:
- A competitive salary
- You’ll work a 40-hour week
- Challenging and interesting work for big name clients
- Attendance at top web conferences
- 30 paid holidays rising to 33 after 3 years (including statutory holidays)
- Private Health Scheme
- Employee Referral Scheme
- Contributory pension scheme incl. life insurance
- Training and development opportunities
- Company-sponsored nights out
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Free Car Parking
What we’d like to see…
If this sounds like a great fit, then please get in touch by sending the following to email@example.com
1. A short cover note outlining why you feel you meet the essential and desirable criteria.
2. An up to date CV detailing your qualifications and experience.
We will initially apply the above essential criteria to applications but may look to the above desired criteria if we have a high number of applicants.
On receipt of your application, we will forward a separate Equality Monitoring Form which
must be completed and returned before your application will be accepted.
Closing Date: Monday 18th February 2019, 12 noon
Please note: Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.