PathXL is a global pioneer in the use of web-based solutions for digital pathology and provides innovative software for use in education, research and clinical sectors worldwide. PathXL approached our digital marketing team with the objective of increasing the online visibility of their website PathXL.com, with a particular focus on digital pathology related search terms.
We carried out a site audit for PathXL.com and made recommendations to improve the performance of the website in 3 main areas:
- SEO – visibility on SERPs (search engine results pages).
- User Experience – recommendations to improve the layout of the website and enhance the experience of visitors coming to the site.
- Conversion Optimisation – increase the number of online enquiries for PathXL products.
Digital marketing process
Ours is a very content focused approach which involves using blogs and infographics to connect with the right audiences. This content provides visitors with a range of information once they land on the site and helps PathXL in their aim to being recognised as experts in the field of digital pathology. This project began in 2013 and our hard work has been rewarded with some great results for the website and also shortlisted for the 2014 UK Search Awards.
Results below last updated in September 2014
- Improve online search visibility
- Improve rankings for search terms relating to "digital pathology"
- Improve performance of the website through ongoing user recommendations
- Increase the number of online enquiries
The results so far
increase in organic search engine traffic year on year (Sept 13 v Sept 14)
7 out of 11
targeted "digital pathology" related keywords in top 10 of Google.co.uk (remaining 4 are in top 20)
for "digital pathology software" - increase of 4 places from project start
for "digital pathology" - increase of 7 places from project start
increase on time spent on site by visitors
improvement in bounce rate from traffic across the site